INTERMEDIATE / SENIOR PHASE
We strive to give all our learners the best educational opportunities. We go the extra mile to ensure teaching is being done at its best. We have a dynamic group of teaching staff who offer different strengths and qualities.
- Our teacher to learner ratio is good.
- Each classroom is equipped with interactive white boards, sound boxes and overhead projectors.
- We aim at building a good relationship with our parents to serve in the best interest of our learners’ academic progress.
- We aim at providing additional learning resources to assist our children with their academics.
- Every year we focus on improving areas in our academics to make it as exciting for our learners as possible.
- We have a very well-run Remedial Department that offers additional academic support to our learners who need it. We have a library filled with different genres of books.
As a school, our learners take part in a variety of different after-school events throughout the year. This affords our learners the opportunities to develop their interaction skills and at the same time gaining experience for personal growth. Below is a list of what our learners take part in:
- SACEE events (Read aloud, Oratory competitions, Spelling Bees, Fun with Words, Essay and Poem Writing and so on).
- Department Competitions (Astro Quiz, Spelling Bees, Natural Sciences and Technology Olympiads).
- We take selected learners to the Grahamstown Science Festival.
We are CAPS compliant. Below is a list of the subjects:
- English Home Language.
- Either IsiXhosa First Additional Language OR Afrikaans Additional First Language.
- Life Skills (Skilled teachers teaching Music, Physical Education, Drama, Dance and Art).
- Natural Sciences and Technology.
- Social Sciences.
- Economics Management Science (Grade 7).
- Creative Arts (Grade 7).
- Life Orientation (Grade 7).
- Technology (Grade 7).